Adventure Motorcycling HandbookOrdinær pris 249,00 kr
In print since 1991 and now in full colour, the EIGHTH edition of the ADVENTURE MOTORCYCLING HANDBOOK remains the legendary travel bible for two-wheeled adventurers. Dreaming of taking on the Big Trip? From Kathmandu to Machu Picchu or Mongolia to Patagonia (via Tanzania), AMH8 tells you everything you need to know on how to ride Africa, Asia and Latin America, aka: the Adventure Motorcycling Zone (AMZ). * With 448-fact-filled pages including contributions from a team of earth roaming, overlanding experts.
* When, where and how, essential documentation, two dozen travel bikes rated, pages and pages on adapting and equipping your bike plus Life on the Road: borders, visas, money changing, air freight or shipping, comms and trackers, police trouble, mapping and navigation, off-road riding, troubleshooting and repairs, medical emergencies, wild camping and gear. * Trans-Continental Route Outlines give you an idea of the best way to traverse the AMZ; which borders, fuel costs, where to get visas and catch ferries and where not to go.
Forfatter: Chris Scott
Antall sider: 468
Publisert: Jul 2020
Coast to Coast PathOrdinær pris 199,00 kr
All-in-one, practical guide to walking the Coast to Coast Path across northern England inspired by Alfred Wainwright. Fully revised 8th edition of this classic 191-mile walk from the Irish Sea to the North Sea. Crossing three national parks - the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North York Moors - it samples the very best of the English countryside - rugged mountains and lakes, gentle dales and stone-built villages; wild moorland; sea cliffs and fishing villages.
The guide includes: * 109 large-scale walking maps - at just under 1:20,000 - showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest, and 9 town plans. * 14 colour stage maps to help plan your walk, including hills and descents. * Places to stay with reviews - campsites, bunkhouses, hostels, B&Bs, pubs and hotels.
* Places to eat with reviews - cafes, teashops, pubs, takeaways, restaurants. * What to see from the path - history, culture, natural history. * Comprehensive public transport information - for all access points on the path.
* Flora and fauna - four page full colour flower guide, plus an illustrated section on local wildlife. * Itineraries for all walkers - whether walking the route in its entirety over two weeks or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks. * Green hiking - understanding the local environment and minimizing our impact on it.
Forfattere: Henry Stedman
Publisert måned: Apr
Publisert år: 2018
Sider nr: 268
OVERLANDERS' HANDBOOKOrdinær pris 349,00 kr
Chris Scott and his band of globetrotting contributors and specialists have put together the definitive manual for planning and undertaking a vehicle-dependent overlanding adventure across the wilds of Asia, Africa and Latin America. The Overlanders' Handbook is written in the same entertaining yet clear jargon-free English for which Chris's other books are known - it doesn't assume you know your plug gap from a radiator cap. This second edition has been re-researched and updated into a more compact book published as a paperback, rather than a hardback as before.
Includes: 1. Planning - When to go; typical costs; documentation; sponsorship; early overland journeys. 2.
Vehicle choice and preparation - The Overlanders' Handbook is the most comprehensive account in print, covering everything from adapting a cheap car to equipping a campervan or 4x4 for months on the road, or even building and outfitting your own accommodation module to mount on an all-terrain truck chassis. 3. Life on the road - How to handle dodgy borders, haggle over a purchase, treat a dodgy stomach and cope with crazy driving conditions.Guidance on wild camping; navigation and mapping strategies; onward shipping; advice for solo women overlanders; travelling with children or with pets; vehicle repairs and troubleshooting; and off-road driving techniques.
4. Continental route outlines - Guidelines on both popular and obscure overland routes through Asia, Africa and Latin America. Includes fuel prices, easiest borders and best seasons, visa strategies, danger zones and regional highlights.
5. Overlanders' Tales - Half a dozen accounts of global adventures lasting months or even years in vans, 4x4s and all-terrain trucks - from contributors aged from 9 to 69. 6.
Forfattere: Chris scott
Publisert måned: -
Publisert år: 2017