Portugal, madeira & the azoresOrdinær pris 199,00 kr
The updated Green Guide Portugal, Madeira and The Azores opens the door to discovering the delights of this sunny country, from remote fortress villages and beautiful sandy beaches crouched below ochre cliffs, to fascinating UNESCO cities and busy island resorts. Rely on Michelin's renowned star-ratings system when deciding on where to go and what to see and do. Color photos, detailed maps and recommendations for hotels and restaurants complete the picture for a memorable visit.
* 8th edition, updated, with plenty of detail travelers look for.
* Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin's celebrated star-rating system, from the churches, palaces and museums of the 3-star town of Evora, a fine example of Portugal's 16C golden age , to the one-star town of Beja, once a thriving Roman colony which later came under Muslim control.
* Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; includes floor plans to zoom in on highlights.
* Discover the mountainous Serra da Estrela area through one of several drives, or take in the sights of Porto while meandering through the city center, stopping to sample a traditional octopus stew or barbecued fish. Michelin walking and driving tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of an area.
* Comprehensive illustrated sections on modern-day Portugal, Madeira, and the Azores: their history, politics, art and culture-all written by experts in their fields.
* Sidebars throughout the guide cover various topics from the 70 mile Fresco Route in the Portalegre region to the exuberant Burning of the Ribbons festival in Coimbra celebrating student graduation.
* Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone and website. Michelin area and city maps.
* Includes recommendations for great places to eat and stay for every budget.
* Travelers to Portugal looking for detailed travel information.
* Discerning travelers seeking unique, enriching travel experiences