BahamasOrdinær pris 219,00 kr
Fodor's Bahamas includes: AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do. MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time. MORE THAN 10 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently. COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust! UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more. PHOTO-FILLED FEATURES on "10 Animals You'll Meet in the Bahamas," "What to Eat and Drink in the Bahamas," and "The Myths and Mysticism of the Bahamas" TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money. SPECIAL FEATURES on "Great Underwater Adventures," and "Junkanoo in the Bahamas"HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the art, cuisine, music, wildlife and moreLOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems. COVERS: The Abacos, Nassau, Paradise Island, Inagua National Park, Atlantis Resort, Lucayan National Park, Cat Island, San Salvador, Elbow Cay, and more.
Publisert år: 2020
Sider nr: 304
PEPPERPOT: BEST NEW STORIES FROM THE CARIBBEANOrdinær pris 139,00 kr
In The Whale House, a woman recovers from a miscarriage whist wrestling with an old conflict and a long kept secret. Bush medicine, teenage sexuality, and difficult moral choices culminate in this uniquely Trinidadian story one of marriage and the secrets we keep from the ones closest to us.
In A Good Friday by Peepal Tree Press author Barbara Jenkins, a mysterious woman enters a strange bar straight from church one Good Friday, where she meets a smooth operator bent on seduction.
Peekash Press is a collaboration between Peepal Tree Press in Europe and Akashic Books in North America. The imprint is founded to unearth and champion homegrown talent in the Caribbean. Featuring these brand-new stories:
- The Whale House by Sharon Millar (Trinidad & Tobago)
- A Good Friday by Barbara Jenkins (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Reversal of Fortunes by Kevin Baldeosingh (Trinidad & Tobago)
- The Monkey Trap by Kevin Hosein (Trinidad & Tobago)
- The Science of Salvation by Dwight Thompson (Jamaica)
- Waywardness by Ezekel Alan (Jamaica)
- Berry by Kimmisha Thomas (Jamaica)
- Father, Father by Garfield Ellis (Jamaica)
- All the Secret Things No-One Ever Knows by Sharon Leach (Jamaica)
- This Thing We Call Love by Ivory Kelly (Belize)
- And the Virgin's Name Was Leah by Heather Barker (Barbados)
- Amelia by Joanne Hillhouse (Antigua & Barbuda)
- Mango Summer by Janice Lynn Mather (Bahamas)