Barbados & St. LuciaOrdinær pris 159,00 kr
Written by local experts, Fodor's travel guides have been offering advice and professionally vetted recommendations for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Known for its sophisticated resorts, British style, and warm inviting hospitality, Barbados is an island of broad vistas, sweeping seascapes, and acres of sugar cane. Mountainous St. Lucia is covered by rainforest that makes it one of the greenest islands in the Caribbean, and it also has vibrant coral reefs that draw scuba divers from all over the world. The two islands offer both all-inclusive and regular resorts and are linked by frequent air service, making the short hop in about 20 minutes.
Publisert år: 2018
Sider nr: 192
PEPPERPOT: BEST NEW STORIES FROM THE CARIBBEANOrdinær pris 139,00 kr
In The Whale House, a woman recovers from a miscarriage whist wrestling with an old conflict and a long kept secret. Bush medicine, teenage sexuality, and difficult moral choices culminate in this uniquely Trinidadian story one of marriage and the secrets we keep from the ones closest to us.
In A Good Friday by Peepal Tree Press author Barbara Jenkins, a mysterious woman enters a strange bar straight from church one Good Friday, where she meets a smooth operator bent on seduction.
Peekash Press is a collaboration between Peepal Tree Press in Europe and Akashic Books in North America. The imprint is founded to unearth and champion homegrown talent in the Caribbean. Featuring these brand-new stories:
- The Whale House by Sharon Millar (Trinidad & Tobago)
- A Good Friday by Barbara Jenkins (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Reversal of Fortunes by Kevin Baldeosingh (Trinidad & Tobago)
- The Monkey Trap by Kevin Hosein (Trinidad & Tobago)
- The Science of Salvation by Dwight Thompson (Jamaica)
- Waywardness by Ezekel Alan (Jamaica)
- Berry by Kimmisha Thomas (Jamaica)
- Father, Father by Garfield Ellis (Jamaica)
- All the Secret Things No-One Ever Knows by Sharon Leach (Jamaica)
- This Thing We Call Love by Ivory Kelly (Belize)
- And the Virgin's Name Was Leah by Heather Barker (Barbados)
- Amelia by Joanne Hillhouse (Antigua & Barbuda)
- Mango Summer by Janice Lynn Mather (Bahamas)